A guide for marketers taking their creative content global
Once in a while, marketers find themselves having to handle a daunting task: delivering a creative campaign for another market.
Obviously, you’ll want to avoid blatant translation disasters. (Such as the “Got milk?” slogan that turned into “Are you lactating?” when translated into Spanish. True story.)
But transcreation (that’s adapting your creative for another market) opens a whole other can of worms for a non-localization pro like you, such as:
- How can you be sure the creative is actually on brand?
- How do you QA what your translator sends you when you don’t speak the language?
- How do you budget for a transcreation project?
- What’s a realistic timeline?
- What does global success look like and how do you measure it?
If that’s you, don’t worry. We’ve put together a checklist to help you sail through your next transcreation project.